Sandra’s Knee-Jerk Reaction to the Golden Globe Nominations!
* The Best Drama nominees are… satisfactory. I’ve seen three out of the six and concur with their inclusion, and there’s no major snubs that grab my attention. While I’m a little surprised by the lack of recognition for Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, as it hasn’t come out yet I really can’t say whether this is a snub or not. This shall suffice, Hollywood Foreign Press.
* My Week With Marilyn is a comedy? Or a musical?! Really??
* I REALLY need to see Carnage.
* The lack of Muppet love hurts. It hurts bad.
* Yeesh… rough year in animation…
* I’m a little surprised that the TIFF People’s Choice award winner, Where Do We Go Now? didn’t get a nod for Foreign Language Film. Then again, judging by the amount of people who went, “Wait, WHAT movie??” when they heard who won, maybe I shouldn’t be…
* Double Ryan Gosling noms! Drama and Comedy! That’s my boy!
* I haven’t seen Ides of March yet, and I’m sure Ryan is as marvellous in it as he is everything else, but I’m sad he didn’t get any recognition for Drive.
* Good lord, the Best Actor race makes me swoon. Especially in the drama category…
* Though I gotta say… Brad Pitt for Moneyball and not Tree of Life? Really? I mean… really??
* I REALLY need to see Shame.
* I know he won’t win, but just seeing Joseph-Gordon Levitt’s name included makes my heart smile.
* I can’t wait for Jean Dujardin’s acceptance speech in broken English.
* Brendan Gleeson was in a movie called The Guard?! * rushes to iMDb*
* HOLY SHIT I NEED TO SEE THIS:
* Jonah Hill for Moneyball? Really?
* I’ve only seen one of the Best Actress in a Drama performances. I need to work on that.
* I knew it was a long shot, but I was really holding out hope for a surprise nomination for Adepero Oduye for Pariah. I’m starting to think that I might be one of the only people on the planet who saw the movie and loved her performance.
* Despite being, like, the only living human who isn’t head-over-heels for Bridesmaids (I feel like just admitting that makes me seem completely humourless or something,) I am SUPER EXCITED for some Kristen Wiig love.
* I REALLY NEED TO SEE CARNAGE.
* Young Adult too.
* The chick from The Secret Life of the American Teenager could potentially win a GOLDEN GLOBE. And I would be OK WITH THAT. Let’s just wrap our minds around that one, people…
* If Ludovic Bource doesn’t win for the score for The Artist, the HFP can go fuck itself. THAT’S RIGHT, I SAID IT.
* I haven’t seen Gnomeo & Juliet (on account of it looking AWFUL,) but I feel fairly confident in saying that nominating the song “Hello Hello” from that film over “Life’s a Happy Song” from The Muppets is an honest-to-God TRAVESTY. Let’s compare, shall we?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS?! I’ve been listening to “Life’s a Happy Song,” LITERALLY, every morning on my way to work since seeing the film. It’s sweet, it’s infectious, it deserves a nod. Screw you and your horrible garden gnome movie, Elton!
* At least Mary J. Blige’s uplifting “The Living Proof” got some love.
* Ok, so I know I don’t watch (yet), but how in God’s name isn’t Breaking Bad nominated for Best Drama?! PEOPLE CAN’T SHUT UP ABOUT THIS SEASON.
* No Justified? No Good Wife? No Parenthood or Friday Night Lights? Really?
* GLEE OVER COMMUNITY. GLEE OVER PARKS AND REC. GLEE. GOD DAMN GLEE!! (I know I watch the garbage, but it’s with a heavy soul and a guilty conscience I do so. Quality television it is not, and one of the best comedies on television?! Not by a long shot.)
* New Girl? Really? I mean, I’m kinda loving it, but only recently has it grown on me…
* Seriously, the lack of love for Community is STAGGERING.
This show is PHENOMENAL. IT’S BRILLIANT. JESUS CHRIST, SOMEONE RECOGNIZE THAT DAMMIT!
* I officially have not seen any of the performers up for Best Actor in a Television Drama. This is a first. Gotta start watching Homeland…
* Best Actor in a Comedy is puzzling. Johnny Galecki? Alec Baldwin? David Duchovney? I love them, and their shows! But this is the best of the best in comedy? Really?
* NO JOEL MCHALE
* NO NICK OFFERMAN
* NO ALLISON BRIE
* NO STEVE CARRELL
* NO TY BURELL
* NO DONALD GLOVER
* NO JULIE BOWEN
* I’m seriously bummed about these TV nominations….
* I want Peter Dinklage to win so bad, it hurts.
* Callie Thorne?!
* Why in God’s name will no one recognize the brilliance that is Lauren Graham on Parenthood??
* CALLIE THORNE?!?
* If Amy Poehler doesn’t win, I will lose all faith in the Globes. ALL FAITH.
The Hollywood Foreign Press has almost completely lost me. These TV nominations are a JOKE. Tear ’em a new one, Ricky.